Ravindhra (“Ravi”) Elluru’s, MD, PhD commitment to offer the best possible care for children started with his medical and surgical training in ENT and pediatric ENT, which was completed at one of the top 5 training programs in the country. After his pediatric ENT fellowship, he maintained a busy medical practice at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital for 11 years, managing diseases that ranged from simple to complex. This provided him with extensive experience in treating all ENT conditions, performing delicate surgical procedures and participating in clinical research. He embraced the opportunity to come to Dayton Children’s and fill an unmet need in our region.
Dr. Elluru is well-respected by his colleagues across the country, and is on the leadership of several national professional organizations in ENT. He attends national conferences, publishes and presents research, reviews papers for professional journals, and interacts with other leaders in the field in order to remain at the forefront of technological and surgical innovations.
Scheduling in-person appointments for new patients only. For follow-up, second opinion or video visit appointments, please call 937-641-4000
education and training
- medical school: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
- ENT residency: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis
- pediatric ENT fellowship: Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Cincinnati
- board certification: American Board of Otolaryngology
- subspecialty certification: American Board of Otolaryngology; complex pediatric otolaryngology
publications and presentations
- Chun, R., Jabbour, N., Balakrishnan, K., Bauman, N., Darrow, D.H., Elluru, R., Grimmer, J.F., Perkins, J., Richter, G., Shin. J. Education on, Exposure to, and Management of Vascular Anomalies During Otolaryngology Residency and Pediatric Otolaryngology Fellowship. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2016 Jul 1;142(7):648-51.
- Adams, D. M., Trenor, C. C., 3rd, Hammill, A. M., Vinks, A. A., Patel, M. N., Chaudry, G., Wentzel, M. S., Mobberley-Schuman, P. S., Campbell, L. M., Brookbank, C., Gupta, A., Chute, C., Eile, J., McKenna, J., Merrow, A. C., Fei, L., Hornung, L., Seid, M., Dasgupta, A. R., Dickie, B. H., Elluru, R. G., Lucky, A. W., Weiss, B. and Azizkhan, R. G. Efficacy and Safety of Sirolimus in the Treatment of Complicated Vascular Anomalies. Pediatrics. 2016;137(2):1-10.
- Elluru, R. G., Friess, M. R., Richter, G. T., Grimmer, J. F., Darrow, D. H., Shin, J. J. and Perkins, J. A. Multicenter Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Systemic Propranolol in the Treatment of Airway Hemangiomas. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015;153(3):452-460.
- Balakrishnan, K., Bauman, N., Chun, R. H., Darrow, D. H., Grimmer, J. F., Perkins, J. A., Richter, G. T., Shin, J. J., Shivaram, G. M., Sidell, D. R. and Elluru, R. G. Standardized outcome and reporting measures in pediatric head and neck lymphatic malformations. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015;152(5):948-953.
- Elluru, R.G., Friess, M.R., Richter, G.T., Grimmer, J.F., Darrow, D.H., Shin, J.J., Perkins, J.A. Multicenter Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Systemic Propranolol in the Treatment of Airway Hemangiomas. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015 Jun 29.
- Balakrishnan, K., Bauman, N., Chun, R.H., Darrow, D.H., Grimmer, J.F., Perkins, J.A., Richter, G.T., Shin, J.J., Shivaram, G.M., Sidell, D.R., Elluru, R.G. Standardized outcome and reporting measures in pediatric head and neck lymphatic malformations. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015 May;152(5):948-53
- Elluru, R.G., Balakrishnan, K., Padua, H.M. Lymphatic malformations: diagnosis and management. Semin Pediatr Surg. 2014 Aug; 23(4):178-85
- Radhakrishnan, R., Calvo-Garcia, M.A., Lim, F.Y., Elluru, R.G., Koch, B.L. Congenital salivary gland anlage tumor - in utero and postnatal imaging. Pediatr Radiol. 2014 Aug 23.
- Elluru, R.G., Contreras, J.M., Albert, D.M. Management of manifestations of epidermolysis bullosa. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013 Dec; 21(6): 588-93.
- Chun, R., Preciado, D., Brown, D.J., Elluru, R., Ishman, S.L., Kerschner, J., Richter, G.T., Sulman, C. Choosing a fellow or fellowship: a survey of pediatric otolaryngologists. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014 Feb; 140(2):102-5.
awards, honors and organizations
- Dayton Magazine - Dayton Best Docs 2023
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Best Doctors in Cincinnati
- Seymour Cohen Award, American Bronchoesophogology Association
- Sir Prince Fowler Award, Triological Society
- Best Doctors in America® 2018
get to know me
I chose my specialty because...
I have always wanted to work with children and their families. Being a pediatric ear, nose and throat doctor allows me to practice the type of medicine that I find intellectually satisfying and emotionally rewarding.
I chose to work at Dayton Children's because...
Dayton Childrens offers the delivery of effective, safe and quality care in a patient centered manner. Everything that goes on at this hospital is centered around patient experience.
Dayton Children's is special because...
the vision of this hospital is to take the best possible care of the children of Dayton.
ratings and reviews
Question Rating Breakdown
Dr. Elluru was Awesome!! My son has dealt with a lot of doctors over the years and Dr. Elluru was like no other. Extremely attentive and thorough. Caring and very engaging! His kind tone and humor was much appreciated and the time he took with my son was outstanding. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an ENT specialist:)) Thank you Dr. Elluru and your staff for a great experience!
Attentive thoughtful thorough and caring. He went Above and Beyond for our family!!
Dr. Elluru's office was great to deal with. We arrived about twenty min early and they took us right back. The nurses were all very pleasant to deal with, and Dr. Elluru was amazing. He took his time, was very thorough, and explained everything very well to us.
Very professional, very kid, friendly, explained everything in detail to my daughter and to I, I did not act like my child wasn't in the room. Did not act like I was not in the room. Did not treat us, like we were under knowledged or anything. If we had questions they answered them. to the best of their knowledge, they made it to where we're able to understand it and we greatly appreciated that
Load more testimonials...
adenoidectomy, adenoids, aerodigestive disorders, airway reconstruction, allergies, bone-anchored hearing aid, choanal atresia, cleft lip, cleft palate, diagnostic testing, dysphonia, ear disease, ear drum rupture, ear infection, ear malformations, ear tubes, esophageal atresia, esophageal disorders, fluid in ear, gastroesophageal reflux, head surgery, hearing loss, hemangiomas, laryngeal stenosis, laryngomalacia, lymphatic malformations, minimally invasive surgery, nasal cautery, neck surgery, noisy breathing, nose bleeds, sinus surgery, sleep apnea, snoring, sore throat, stenosis of the larynx, subglottic stenosis, swallowing disorders, thyroid disease, tonsillitis, tracheoesophageal fistula, tracheostomy complications, vascular birthmarks, vocal cord edema, vocal cord granulomas, vocal cord nodules, vocal cord paralysis, vocal cord paresis, vocal cord polyps, vocal nodules, voice disorders