services and programs
We offer patient and parent education including teaching how to use a specific type of medical equipment, educating on medications and helping families know how to care for their patient on a day-to-day basis.
skilled intermittent nursing services
Our skilled nurses will assist with or perform the following services when visiting with a patient:
- IV care
- Central line monitoring and maintenance
- Baby growth checks and well checks
- Diabetes education and monitoring
- Asthma education and monitoring
- Newborn phototherapy
- Lab draws
- Dressing changes and wound care
- Synagis administration in the home
- Chemotherapy in the home
- G Tube care
durable medical equipment
Another service of Dayton Children’s Home Care is the rental and purchase of medical equipment. Children are special and require special medical equipment.
A physician referral is required in order to receive medical equipment from Dayton Children’s Home Care. Your insurance coverage will determine whether the equipment will be for rent or for purchase.
Equipment can be picked up at our offices on Dayton Children’s main campus. When you pick it up a nurse will explain how to use the equipment. If you have questions after receiving the equipment you can contact us Monday - Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm at 937-641-4663. After hours you can call 937-641-3000 and ask for the home care nurse on call.
Some of the equipment that we have available for rent/purchase includes:
- Suction machines
- Respiratory treatment machines
- Billy blankets
- Breast pumps
- Stomach feeding tube pump
- Apnea monitoring
The Children's Care and Comfort is a pediatric palliative care service offered by Dayton Children's Home Care. The staff understands the needs of children with life-threatening illnesses. Our goal is to provide family-centered care that respects the dignity and uniqueness of every child and family. With a primary care physician, our care team members support the family in their decisions, allowing them to care for their seriously ill child at home.
services we offer
- Infusion therapies
- Pain management
- In-home blood transfusions
- Intensive family support
- Interdisciplinary team case management
- Coordinator and advocacy with community resources
- A family support specialist is available to provide individualized services including:
- Emotional support
- Parent education
- Sibling support
- Short-term family intervention
- Referrals and resources
- Bereavement support