mental health emergencies
If your child is experiencing a mental health crisis and they are at immediate risk for hurting him/herself or others, please call 911 or one of the following agencies.
crisis contact numbers by county
- Montgomery County Crisis Care - 937-224-4646
- Clark County - 937-399-9500
- Warren and Clinton Counties- 1-877-695-6333 (NEED)
- Butler County - 1-844-427-4747 or 1-844-4CRISIS
- Greene County - 937-376-8701
- Darke County, Miami County, Shelby County - 1-800-351-7347
- Kettering Behavioral Evaluation Center – 937-534-4620: Walk-in assessments available to determine the best plan of services. Walk-in assessments are available Monday-Thursday 9:00 am-7:00 pm, Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm. Please call before taking your child for an assessment at 937-534-4620. For crisis situations outside of our evaluation hours, please visit the nearest emergency department.
national crisis resources
- National Suicide Prevention Line (1-800-273-8255): Provides 24/7 free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones.
- Crisis Text Line: Text 4HOPE to 741741 for free, 24/7 crisis support
concerns regarding your child’s development?
If you have concerns about your child’s growth and development, please contact your child’s doctor. If you do not have a physician, please call the Board of Developmental Disabilities in your county.
- Montgomery County - 937-837-9200
- Greene County - 937-562-7535
- Warren County-513-228-6400
- Clark County- 937-328-2675
- Madison County- 740-852-7050
mental health resource connection
The Mental Health Resource Connection program is a service that connects patients and families to available mental health services in the community. The service is administered by social workers experienced in evaluating pediatric mental health needs and the services required to meet those needs. The Mental Health Resource Connection strives to improve the mental health status of children in Dayton Children's service area.
mental health resource directory
The Mental Health Resource Directory was created by Dayton Children’s to provide families in the Dayton region with access to mental health resources within their own community. If you are looking for additional care providers for your child we encourage you to search the directory.
find a psychologist online referral directory
Check out Ohio Psychological Association’s Find A Psychologist online referral search engine. Refine your search by geographic area, treatment area, population served, language, availability, practice orientation, ethnicity and/or gender.
family support resource directory
The Family Support Resource Directory provides an easy to use and comprehensive online directory to search for support groups, camps and support organizations for a variety of conditions.
Other organizations provide extensive educational materials for patients and families dealing with mental health issues. Our specialists encourage families to find support through the following websites and organizations.