Dr. Ankur Patel is a pediatric ENT fellowship-trained ear, nose and throat specialist at Dayton Children's Hospital. Prior to his arrival at Dayton Children's he was faculty at the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles where he maintained a busy practice that ranged from the simple to complex. Dr. Patel grew up in Dayton and returned due to the new and exciting opportunities at Dayton Children's.
education and training
- medical school: Ohio University
- residency: Ohio University, otolaryngology head & neck surgery
- internship: Ohio University
- fellowship: Pediatric otolaryngology, Pittsburgh Children's Hospital of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- board certification: Otolaryngology head & neck surgery
publications and presentations
- “Functional magnetic resonance imaging of hearing-impaired children under sedation before cochlear implantation” Patel AM, Cahill LD, Ret J, Schmithorst V, Choo D, Holland S. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg
awards, honors and organizations
- Top Doctors, Pasadena Magazine
- Dayton Magazine, finalist, best pediatric otolaryngology, 2021
get to know me
I chose my specialty because...
I love working with kids and families to help them through any problems they may they have. I also enjoy the team approach to medicine and working with other specialties to provide comprehensive care to our patients.
I chose to work at Dayton Children's because...
it provides the best possible care to children in the Dayton area.
Dayton Children's is special because...
we provide comprehensive patient centered care.
adenoidectomy, adenoids, aerodigestive disorders, airway reconstruction, allergies, bone-anchored hearing aid, choanal atresia, cochlear implant, diagnostic testing, dysphonia, ear disease, ear drum rupture, ear infection, ear malformations, ear tubes, esophageal disorders, fluid in ear, gastroesophageal reflux, head surgery, hearing loss, hemangiomas, laryngeal stenosis, laryngomalacia, lymphatic malformations, minimally invasive surgery, nasal cautery, neck surgery, noisy breathing, nose bleeds, sinus surgery, sleep apnea, snoring, sore throat, stenosis of the larynx, subglottic stenosis, swallowing disorders, thyroid disease, tonsillitis, tracheoesophageal fistula, tracheostomy complications, vascular birthmarks, vocal cord edema, vocal cord granulomas, vocal cord nodules, vocal cord paralysis, vocal cord paresis, vocal cord polyps, vocal nodules, voice disorders