A child’s growing body often responds to drug therapy differently than an adult’s would. At Dayton Children’s, our pediatric pharmacists have specialized training which allows them to work with your child’s doctor to help ensure the safe and effective use of medication in the tiniest babies all the way up to fully grown young adults.
Our team of pharmacists takes pride in making sure parents fully understand their child’s home medication regimen when they are discharged from the hospital.
We have pharmacies at our main campus and south campus, so you can fill your child's prescription while here for your visit. Families having prescriptions filled at the outpatient pharmacy need to bring an insurance card to have charges billed to their insurance company. Otherwise, payment is needed at the time of services. The pharmacy accepts cash, checks, VISA or MasterCard.
hours and phone numbers
Located on the first floor across from the fish tank
Hours: Open 24/7
Located in the specialty care center building
Hours: Monday - Friday 6:00 am – 10:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
services we offer
- Prescription drugs for discharged patients and clinic patients
- Emergency department prescriptions
- Home infusions services: total parenteral nutrition, enteral nutrition, antibiotics, hydration, chemotherapy, blood products and other specific parenteral therapies
- Resource center for any pediatric drug questions
The Dayton Children’s specialty pharmacy is here to help our patients manage their chronic disease such as cancer, cystic fibrosis, growth hormone deficiences and seizure disorders. As a patient of Dayton Children’s specialty pharmacy, our priority is helping you live better and stay healthy. Dayton Children's specialty pharmacy is accredited through the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). ACHC is a nonprofit organization that has stood as a symbol of quality and excellence since 1986. By Achieving ACHC accreditation, Dayton Children's specialty pharmacy has been recognized for its dedication and commitment to meeting standards that facilitate a higher level of performance and patient care.
Specialty pharmacies are different from traditional pharmacies because specialty medications are more complex and may not be available from your local pharmacy, or may require additional monitoring to provide the full benefit of their treatment. We are here to help ensure our patients get effective and safe outcomes and access to medications. We provide 24/7 support, so you will always have access to our pharmacy team.
- Our team will provide education on:
- Your medication
- How to take your medication
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- We will work directly with your doctors and nurses and resolve any problems with your medication.
- We can assist with financial concerns.
- We will contact you when it is time for a refill and to follow-up on your treatment.
- We offer fast, free home delivery. Or, you may pick your medication up at the pharmacy.
- Address: One Children’s Plaza, Dayton, Ohio 45404
- Phone: 937-641-3463
- Toll-free phone: 833-980-1094