reproductive and sexual health program
Our specialists evaluate and treat a variety of non-surgical gynecological concerns and contraceptive needs, including long-acting reversible contraceptive (LARC) methods, the implant and IUD.
conditions treated include:
- Contraceptive counseling
- Contraception, including Nexplanon/implant and Mirena/Kyleena/IUD
- Gynecologic treatment for transgender and gender diverse youth
- Menstrual problems due to chronic disease or bleeding disorders
- Menstrual cramps, dysmenorrhea
- Menstrual bleeding that is absent, irregular, heavy, or infrequent
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Reproductive and sexual health visits
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment
- Vaginal discharge
We provide a thorough initial evaluation complete with counseling and education, on all treatment options available, to help you make the right decision for your health care needs. Please be advised, if you are seeking or are referred for LARC methods, a second visit will be needed to complete placement. This is necessary due to insurance requirements. It also takes the pressure off of choosing a method before your appointment.
If you are referred for any of these services, please do not discontinue any medications or treatment unless directed to by your referring provider.
Our staff is dedicated to promoting an environment that recognizes an adolescent’s need for confidentiality and trust while also welcoming involvement from family members and significant others.