conditions we treat
expert care for children who need plastic surgery
Dayton Children’s provides comprehensive pediatric plastic and reconstructive surgery care for babies, children and adolescents. Some therapies are very straightforward, such as a surgical repair for a dog bite. Others are complex and require a team of specialists.
Among the conditions our plastic and reconstructive surgeons treat are:
- Burns requiring debridement, grafts, etc.
- Cleft lip and cleft palate
- Conditions requiring breast reduction, reconstruction, etc.
- Congenital hand malformations, such as webbed or absent fingers
- Complex wounds
- Conditions requiring cranial vault surgery, such as those associated with flat-head syndrome (positional plagiocephaly/torticollis), synostosis syndromes and others
- Craniofacial malformations requiring distraction surgery (surgery to lengthen and shape bones in the skull)
- Ear malformations requiring total reconstruction
- Facial lacerations and fractures
- Traumatic injuries to the hand (injuries to tendons, nerves and skin)
- Other problems associated with the hand, such as cysts, missing digits and trigger digits
- Vascular malformations and tumors
- Port wine stains
- Malignant tumors (surgical removal with limb salvage)
- Nasal malformations
- Cysts, tumors, moles and other growths within soft tissue
- Pierre Robin sequence