about pediatric plastic surgery
learn more about our comprehensive plastic and reconstructive surgery at Dayton Children’s
Dayton Children’s offers advanced plastic and reconstructive surgery for children with burns, facial fractures, cleft lip/cleft palate, vascular malformations, skull deformities, severed fingers and more.
Clinic appointments are available at both Dayton Children’s main and south campuses. Our fellowship-trained pediatric plastic surgeons provide:
- Advanced plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Non-surgical and minimally invasive procedures
- A specialized clinic for children with a vascular anomaly
- Surgery for cleft lip/cleft palate. Our surgeons are part of the Dayton Children’s Cleft Lip/Cleft Palate Clinic, which provides comprehensive care for these patients from birth through young adulthood.
- A specialized clinic for children with a craniofacial anomaly, such as craniosynostosis or Pierre Robin sequence.
- Referrals to rehabilitation therapy and other services, as needed.
Some examples of noninvasive procedures are:
- Cranial banding and helmet therapy for babies with flat-head syndrome
- Ear well device for newborns with ear deformity
- Minimally invasive techniques such as endoscopic surgery, which means smaller incisions and faster healing