pediatric emergency medicine fellowship research
The pediatric emergency medicine (PEM) fellow will benefit from a focused research seminar series, certified courses in epidemiology and biostatistics at Wright State University, dedicated research funds, statistician support and mentorship to be successful in their research endeavors.
We welcome candidates with all research backgrounds including residents with no prior research experience.
general outline of PEM fellow research at Dayton Children’s
first year of fellowship (pediatric track)
- Research curriculum- The research curriculum will include a lecture series on the principles of research including, but not limited to background, specific aims, goals, methods, analysis, IRB proposal. The PEM fellow will enroll in certificate courses at Wright State University that focus on biostatistics and epidemiology.
- Identify the question and create a research plan.
- Creation of a specific scholarship oversight committee, including a research mentor.
- Identify and apply to funding sources.
- Get IRB approval/begin research.
- Presentation of research plan within PEM division and at the national fellows conference.
second year of fellowship (pediatric track)
- Completion of data collection
- Data analysis
- Manuscript writing
third year of fellowship (pediatric track)
- Presentation to research committee and scholarship oversight committee
- Obtain approval from oversight committee(s)
- Manuscript writing and submission
- Presentation in regional and national scientific meetings
CT Scans in Pediatric Trauma. Trauma Reports July 2023. Padmanabhan P, Elliot J
research in progress
Value of Intravenous Fluids in the Emergent Treatment of Pediatric Migraine. Jonathan Elliot, Shobhan Vacchrajani, Pradeep Padmanabhan