education and training
- medical school: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- residency: Indiana University School of Medicine, Riley Children's Hospital - pediatrics
- fellowship: Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford - pediatric rheumatology
- board certification: pediatrics and pediatric rheumatology
presentations and publications
- Tran P, Frankovich, J, Van Mater, H, Dale, R, Or-Geva. N, McHugh, A. Thienemann, M. Pediatric Inflammatory Brain Disease, In: Complex Disorders in Pediatric Psychiatry: A Clinician's Guide, Driver, D., Thomas, S.S., Elsvier, 1st edition, 2018.
- Weiss PF, Brandon TG, Bohnsack J, Heshin-Bekenstein M, Francavilla ML, Jaremko JL, Liao L, McHugh A, Oberle EJ, Rumsey D, Srinivasalu H, Stoll ML, Chauvin NA. Variability in Interpretation of Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Pediatric Sacroiliac Joint. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2021 Jun;73(6):841-848.
- Pavitt S, McHugh A, Chi K, Hoang K, Lippner E, Tsai J, Goldstein R, Bassett H, Srinivas NS. Improving Inpatient Consult Communication Through a Standardized Tool. Pediatrics. 2021 May;147(5):e20200681.
- Bandyopadhyay, S, Harris, D.P., Adams, G.N., Lause, G.E., McHugh, A, Tillmaand, E.G., Money, A, Williard, B, Fox, P.L., DiCorleto, P E. HOXA9 methylation by PRMT5 is essential for endothelial cell expression of leukocyte adhesion molecules. Mol Cell Biol. 2012; 32(7): 1202-13.
- McHugh, A, Chan, A, Herrera, C, Thienemann, M, Frankovich, J. Profiling Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms in Children with Spondyloarthriris and Polyarthritis. Presented at American College of Rheumatology (ACR) Meeting, November 2019.
- Forgo, E, Kan, K, McHugh, A, Louie, D, Baiu, I, Chen, J, Powell, J, Larimer, E, Yanamadala, S, Britt, P, Frush, K, Caruso, T. Resident Safety Council (RSC): Culture of Safety Project 2018-2019, A Quality Improvement Initiative to Optimize Process and Access to Resident SAFE Reports. Presented at The Resident/Fellow Quality Improvement/Patient Safety Symposium (QIPSS) at Stanford, May 2019.
- Pavitt, S, McHugh, A, Chi, K, Hoang, K, Lippner, E, Bassett, H, Mudambi, K, Saarela, K, Tsai, J, Goldstein, R, Srinivas, N. Creation and Implementation of a Standardized Tool to Improve Inpatient Consult Communication. Presented at The Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) Meeting, April 2019.
- Pavitt, S, McHugh, A, Chi, K, Hoang, K, Lippner, E, Bassett, H, Mudambi, K, Saarela, K, Tsai, J, Goldstein, R, Srinivas, N. Creation and Implementation of a Standardized Tool to Improve Inpatient Consult Communication. Presented at The Association of Pediatric Program Directors (APPD) Meeting, March 2019.
- McHugh, A, Swoop, V, and Abdel-Malek, Z. Role of a-MSH in Repair of UV-Induced DNA Damage, as Determined by H2AX Phosphorylation. Presented at University of Cincinnati's Medical Student Summer Research Program Poster Session, October 2008.
- Bandyopadhyay, S, Adams, G, McHugh, A, Money, A, DiCorleto, P E. The protein arginine methyl transfersase PRMT5 binds to HOXA9 and participates in cytokine induction of E-selectin in endothelial cells. The FASEB Journal. 2008; 22: Abstract 471.7.
awards, honors and organizations
awards and honors:
AAP Earl J Brewer Abstract Award in Pediatric Rheumatology, 2019
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA)
- American College of Rheumatology