Dr. Harpinder Kalra is an allergy specialist at Dayton Children's Hospital. She has a special passion for environmental allergies and has presented on and published multiple articles on the topic. She is a member of the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology as well as the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. Dr. Kalra is also a recipient of the University of Cincinnati, Department of Internal Medicine, 2005 Trainees' Research Award.
Scheduling in-person appointments for new patients only. For follow-up, second opinion or video visit appointments, please call 937-641-4000
education and training
- Medical School: Medical and surgical degree - Punjabi University, India
- Residency: Internal medicine - State University of New York, Lutheran Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
- Fellowship: Allergy and immunology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Board Certification: Allergy and immunology, internal medicine
awards, honors or organizations
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- University of Cincinnati, Department of Internal Medicine, 2005 Trainees' Research Award
publications and presentations
- Kalra H, P Campo, DI Bernstein, L Levin, R Olds, T Reponen, ZL Lummus, SH Cho, M Willareal, GM LeMasters, Effect of Dog Exposure on wheezing at Age One Year. (2006) Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Volume 118, Issue 6, Pages 1271-1278
- Y.Y. Iossifovd, T.Reponen, D.I.Bernsteifl, L. Levin, H. Kalra & P Campo, M. Villareal, J. Lockey, G.K.K. Hershey, G. LeMasters, (2007) House dust (I-3)-Pd-glucan and wheezing in infants. Allergy 62:5,504-513.
- Kalra H, P Campo, DI Bernstein, L Levin, R Olds, T Reponen, ZL Lummus, SH Cho, M Villareal, GM LeMasters, Dog Ownership is Associated with Less Wheezing Among High-Risk Infants During the First Year of Life. Abstracts of the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) 2005 Annual Conference, San Antonio, Texas.
- Iossifova Y, Masion A., Kalra H., Bernsteifl D., Khurana Hershey G.K., Reponen T. Comparison of Two (I+3)-B-D-Glucan Methods as a Measure of Mold. Abstracts of IUMS 2005.
- Reponen T, Cho,S.-H.,L iu, X., Bernstein D, Wilson K, Iossifovz, y., Kalra, H.K., Campo, P., olds, R, Levin, L., and LeMasters G, M. The effect of Home Characteristics on the Biocontaminany Concentration and Loading. American Thoracic Society 2005.
- H. Amin, H. Kalra, R. Biagini, R. Hamilton, H. Yeang, S. Arif, D. Bernstein Strict Avoidance of Exposure to Natural Rubber Latex (NRL) Glove Products is Associated with Longitudinal Reduction in Percutaneous Reactivity to NAL and Hev B Proteins. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
get to know me
I chose my specialty because...
I like to treat patients who have allergies and I can help cure environmental allergies, eczema and food allergies for many of my patients.
I chose to work at Dayton Children's because...
clinical faculty is appreciated by the administration.
Dayton Children's is special because....
they are expanding in their specialty care and they are physician friendly.
I like working with kids because...
they are fun to be with and are pure souls.
Allergic asthma, Allergic conjunctivitis, Allergic rhinitis, Anaphylaxis, Atopic dermatitis, Eczema, Eosinophilia, Food allergy, Hereditary angiodema, Hives, Insect sting allergy, Medication allergies, Urticaria and angioedema