Dr. Mukund G. Dole is a pediatric hematologist-oncologist at Dayton Children’s Hospital. He is also Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University and program director of the West Central Ohio Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center in Dayton. In 2023, he was named Benajmin Wegerzyn Cancer and Blood Disorders Endowed Chair.
Dr. Dole obtained his medical degree from the University of Bombay and received his General Pediatrics training at Childrens Hospital of Louisiana and LSU Medical Center, New Orleans, LA. He completed his fellowship in Pediatric Hematology- Oncology at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. He is board certified in both General Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
Besides being a general hematologist-oncologist, Dr. Dole has a special interest and expertise in management of patients with sickle cell disease and other related hemoglobin disorders. Along with other members of his department, he remains an active participant in clinical trials conducted by Childrens Oncology Group (COG) for managing children with cancer.
schedule an appointment
Scheduling in-person appointments for new patients only.
If your child is an existing patient, log in to MyKidsChart to schedule directly with your provider for follow up care.
Please select your appointment type
education and training
- medical school: University of Bombay, India
- fellowship: Louisiana State University Medical Center (pediatric hematology/oncology)
- fellowship: University of Michigan (pediatric hematology/oncology)
- residency: Louisiana State University Medical Center
- board certification: pediatric hematology/oncology, general pediatrics
awards, honors, & organizations
- Dayton Magazine - Dayton Best Docs 2023
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Children's Brain Tumor Foundation 2022
- Best Doctors in America® 2018
- Children’s Oncology group
- American Association of Physicians from India (AAPI)
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology Oncology (ASPHO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics; Member, Hematology/Oncology Chapter
- University of Michigan Alumni Association
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (inactive)
- American Medical Association (inactive)