prepare for your visit
Pediatric urology clinics are located on the hospital’s main campus provides outpatient care and pre-surgery consultations and post-operative care. A typical visit to the urology clinic involves a physical exam, conversation about any test results and medication needs, and time to answer questions and talk about the potential need for surgery.
For all visits, please wear comfortable and loose clothing and bring:
- Your insurance information
- Your driver’s license
- Any required forms from your school, state or outside agency
- Any lab or imaging results the patient may have ( if not performed at a Dayton Children’s facility)
what to expect
At your appointment, you can expect:
- Examination by provider followed by education and a discussion about treatment options such as surgery as well as a possible need for further testing.
- If surgery is needed, a pre- operative plan will be discussed which may include additional testing, follow- up care, and surgery date will be provided.
- Follow-up appointment scheduled if needed
prepare for surgery
When your child needs surgery, we know it can be a stressful and uncertain time. That's why we have outlined all you need to know.
Please visit our preparing for surgery page to get helpful tips, learn what to eat and drink, learn where to park and much more.