prepare for your visit
Pediatric urology clinics are located on the hospital’s main campus provides outpatient care and pre-surgery consultations and post-operative care. A typical visit to the urology clinic involves a physical exam, conversation about any test results and medication needs, and time to answer questions and talk about the potential need for surgery.
For all visits, please wear comfortable and loose clothing and bring:
- Your insurance information
- Your driver’s license
- Any required forms from your school, state or outside agency
- Any lab or imaging results the patient may have ( if not performed at a Dayton Children’s facility)
what to expect
At your appointment, you can expect:
- Examination by provider followed by education and a discussion about treatment options such as surgery as well as a possible need for further testing.
- If surgery is needed, a pre- operative plan will be discussed which may include additional testing, follow- up care, and surgery date will be provided.
- Follow-up appointment scheduled if needed
To learn more about surgery at Dayton Children’s visit the preparing for surgery section of our website.