prepare for your visit
before your nephrology appointment
The nephrology department at Dayton Children’s provides comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for infants, children and adolescents with disorders of the kidney, urinary tract (bladder) voiding disorders, and fluid and electrolyte imbalances. We offer specialized procedures for renal replacement therapy including hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and hemofiltration/hemodiafiltration (CAVH/CVVH). We also collaborate with urologic and pediatric surgeons to provide comprehensive management of patients.
your visit and treatment plan
At your visit, the physician will do a full physical exam. Depending on your child’s diagnosis and treatment plan, care may be provided when the child is hospitalized or through one of the outpatient clinics. Your child’s care will be discussed with you. We encourage you to ask questions if you do not understand any part of the diagnosis and treatment. Each child will receive a treatment plan based on their specific needs.
For questions or to request a referral:
Call 937-641-3304, or 1-800-228-4055
before your appointment, please read the policies and guidelines below
• Arrive for all appointments at least 20 minutes early to allow for registration.
• Bring all insurance cards to each appointment.
• Bring a list of the child’s medications, symptoms, and care needs to all visits.
• If you are late for your appointment, we will make every effort to see you the same day. However, you may need to reschedule.
• To cancel your appointment, please call 937-641-3304 at least 24 hours before your appointment.
• Patients who on three occasions do not show for their appointment or cancel within 24 hours may be discharged from the clinic.
• New patients who miss their first appointment without at least 24 hour notice may schedule one more appointment only.