Salim Mancho, DO, is a pediatric plastic surgeon at Dayton Children's. He specializes in craniofacial conditions, craniosynostosis, mandibular distraction, cleft lip/palate, vascular anomalies, hemangiomas, mandibular cyst, burns, hand deformities, scalp reconstruction, breast deformity/reduction, gynecomastia, ear deformities and laser treatment.
He attended Ohio University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed his residency at the University of Toledo Medical Center, formerly Medical College of Ohio. Dr. Mancho completed his plastic and reconstructive surgery residency at Wright State University and his pediatric plastic and cranio-maxillofacial surgery fellowship at the University of Southern California.
Dr. Mancho has worked at Dayton Children’s since September 2012. He is also an assistant professor in the Division of Plastic Surgery, Craniofacial, Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery at Wright State University.
education and training
- medical school: Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
- Medical University of Ohio/ University of Toledo Medical Center (formerly Medical College of Ohio)
- fellowship: Pediatric plastic and cranio-maxillofacial surgery-- Children's Hospital of Los Angeles
publications and presentations
- Vector control in internal midface distraction using temporary anchorage devices.
- Hemosuccus pancreaticus.
- A malignant omental extra-gastrointestinal stromal tumor on a young man: a case report and review of the literature.
awards, honors and organizations
- American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
- American Cleft Palette Association (ACPA)
- Ohio Valley Plastic Surgery Society (OVPSS)
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
get to know me
I chose my specialty because...
it equips me with the skill set to help restore congenital, traumatic, or oncologic deformities and prevent our kids from feeling like outcasts and helping to restore self-worth and belief.
I chose to work at Dayton Children's because...
of their commitment and dedication to providing the children and families of the greater Dayton area with the best pediatric care.
Dayton Children's is special because...
of its goal is to provide not only medical care to our kids but an environment that is welcoming to parents, kids and families.
abdominoplasty, amputation, breast augmentation, breast reduction, cleft lip, cleft palate, Craniosynostosis, Crouzon Syndrome, cyst, cyst removal, dog bites, ear deformities, ear well, ear well placements, facial fractures, facial lacerations, facial reanimation, Goldenhar disease, Goldenhar Syndrome, hemangiomas, laser hair removal, mole removal, moles, Nager Syndrome, nevus, Pierre Robin Syndrome, plagiocephaly, polydactyly, rhinoplasty, scar revision, septoplasty, skin grafts, syndactyly, Treacher Collins syndrome, Vanderwoude Syndrome, wounds