If you have already seen a provider in the lactation clinic at Dayton Children’s and need to schedule a follow-up appointment, please call 937-641-4000.
If you are new to the Dayton Children’s lactation clinic, use the online scheduling tool below to schedule an appointment or schedule by calling 937-641-4000.
New patient appointments must be done in person.
conditions you can schedule for:
- Our lactation clinic is available to help mothers, families, and babies proactively establish breastfeeding, chestfeeding, or pumping success.
- Lactation specialists can also assist with troubleshooting common concerns including:
- Milk supply
- Suck pattern
- Pain for mom or baby
- Infant weight gain
- Volume of intake
- Bottle refusal
- Return to work,
- Introducing solids
other specifics to note before scheduling an appointment:
- When scheduling, please put in your child's name for an appointment with one of our specialists. If you have multiple infants, please schedule each child individually.
- We request the breastfeeding or pumping parent also attend the appointment.
- Families can expect to spend up to 90 minutes with a lactation specialist to discuss medical and lactation history, complete a feeding assessment, and to discuss or try changes to help meet family goals.
- If your child is bottle feeding with formula or recently had a frenotomy (tongue tie) please call 937-641-4000. to schedule an appointment.