diagnosing neurological disorders
extensive testing to diagnose neurological disorders
Dayton Children’s provides comprehensive diagnostic testing for complex disorders of the brain, spine and peripheral nerves. All of these tests are performed by a trained team of pediatric experts. These individuals know how to comfort kids and teens of all ages to allow for a successful diagnostic test.
Some of these tests include:
- Computed tomography (CT) to provide detailed images of the brain’s structures and tissues. The pediatric radiologists at Dayton Children’s individualize each CT examination to account for a child’s weight and size, ensuring that the child receives the minimum radiation needed to complete the procedure.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to provide three-dimensional images of the brain and brain stem. Dayton Children’s 3T MRI provides the clearest images that can help to find subtle abnormalities that other machines may not detect.
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to evaluate brain activity.
- Electromyography (EMG) to evaluate peripheral nerve activity.
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) to evaluate seizure activity.