programs and services
Whether your child has a common condition such as urinary tract infections or wetting the bed, or a complex condition requiring surgery, we are here to help.
Dayton Children's urology offers:
- Consultation and treatment
- Second opinions
- Bladder retraining
- Urodynamic studies
- Urinary tract infection tests
Video visits at Dayton Children's provide you and your child a convenient, hassle-free environment for your appointment. Video visits are just like an office visit, only from the comfort of your home! Using video conferencing technology (similar to FaceTime or Google Meet) allows you to have an appointment from your mobile device or personal computer without the need to commute. If your child has an upcoming appointment, ask if a video visit is an option for care. Call 937-641-3000 Learn more about video visits
- Lysis of penile/labial adhesions
- Incision of penile skin bands
- Nephrectomy: removal of a kidney.
- Pyeloplasty: reconstruction of the renal pelvis.
- Ureteral reimplants: The original ureter is surgically re-positioned or reimplanted in the bladder wall.
- Ureteral stent placement: A thin tube inserted into the ureter to prevent or treat obstruction of the urine flow from the kidney.
- Circumcision: removal of some or all of the foreskin (prepuce) from the penis.
- Cystoscopy: endoscopy of the urinary bladder via the urethra.
- Excision hydrocele
- Hypospadius: reconstruct a straight penis with a urethral opening as close to the tip of the penis as possible.
- Inguinal hernia repair
- Orchiopexy: move an undescended testicle into the scrotum and permanently fix it there.
- Repair of buried penis/penile torsion/chordee repair
- Laser Lithotripsy