Whether your child has a common condition such as urinary tract infections or wetting the bed, or a complex condition requiring surgery, we are here to help.
Dayton Children's urology offers:
- Consultation and treatment
- Second opinions
- Bladder retraining
- Urodynamic studies
- Urinary tract infection tests
- Lysis of penile/labial adhesions
- Incision of penile skin bands
- Nephrectomy: removal of a kidney.
- Pyeloplasty: reconstruction of the renal pelvis.
- Ureteral reimplants: The original ureter is surgically re-positioned or reimplanted in the bladder wall.
- Ureteral stent placement: A thin tube inserted into the ureter to prevent or treat obstruction of the urine flow from the kidney.
- Circumcision: removal of some or all of the foreskin (prepuce) from the penis.
- Cystoscopy: endoscopy of the urinary bladder via the urethra.
- Excision hydrocele
- Hypospadius: reconstruct a straight penis with a urethral opening as close to the tip of the penis as possible.
- Inguinal hernia repair
- Orchiopexy: move an undescended testicle into the scrotum and permanently fix it there.
- Repair of buried penis/penile torsion/chordee repair
- Laser Lithotripsy