welcome to pediatric cardiology
Thank you for choosing Dayton Children’s for cardiology care. Before your first appointment with us, we will ask you to complete a questionnaire to help us better understand your concerns and plan your visit.
Please bring the following to the first visit:
- Any relevant medical records
- Results for any tests not performed at a Dayton Children’s facility. Learn more about the cardiology tests we offer.
- Medications your child takes
during your visit to the cardiology clinic
Our team spends time with families to make sure they fully understand the patient’s condition, treatment options and what to expect during and after treatment. During the first clinic visit, you can expect:
- A physical exam
- A discussion about the patient’s medical history
- Diagnostic testing
- A conversation about treatment options, including medication or surgery
- Referrals for follow-up tests, such as a cardiac MRI or stress testing
Clinic visits can take one, two or three hours, depending on the patient’s needs. These visits often include tests, which take place right in our clinic. This is a convenient option that allows doctors to receive test results quickly, which means that treatment can start that much sooner.