Kids are unique; they are not just small adults. Kids deserve care that is developed specifically for them to reach their own unique milestones—that includes athletics.
why choose Dayton Children’s sports medicine?
- We treat more youth and teen orthopedics than anybody else in the Dayton area.
- Young athletes’ bones have growth plates and must be treated carefully to prevent long-term damage.
- During growth spurts, young athletes are more likely to have unique injuries and conditions that our team is trained to handle.
- The psychology of a young athlete is different. Our team gets to know each athlete, how they think, feel and what motivates them.
- Sports medicine is part of the orthopedic team and knows the pediatric difference
At Dayton Children’s Hospital, our certified and fellowship trained sports medicine experts are dedicated to the care of athletes. And because our team is specially trained in pediatrics, we understand how an injury may impact growth, or how growth might impact rehabilitation and for a growing athlete, it can mean a huge difference in recovery and return to play.
finding joy with the Center for the Female Athlete
Like so many during the pandemic, Julia struggled without her friends and her sport. With support from the Center for the Female Athlete, Julia began to not only recover, but thrive.learn more
Ella is empowered
The Center for the Female Athlete empowered Ella to be the best version of herself on and off the field.learn more
A child's brain is still developing well into college years, so a head injury can be more serious than you think.learn more
Sportsmetrics™ is a scientifically proven training program that incorporates proper stretching, special plyometric exercises and weight training.learn more
the female athlete
Collaborative care for female athletes from sports nutrition to sports performance and rehab.learn more