Kids are unique; they are not just small adults. Kids deserve care that is developed specifically for them to reach their own unique milestones—that includes athletics.
schedule an appointment
why choose Dayton Children’s sports medicine?
- We treat more youth and teen orthopaedics than anybody else in the Dayton area.
- Young athletes’ bones have growth plates and must be treated carefully to prevent long-term damage.
- During growth spurts, young athletes are more likely to have unique injuries and conditions that our team is trained to handle.
- The psychology of a young athlete is different. Our team gets to know each athlete, how they think, feel and what motivates them.
- Sports medicine is part of the orthopaedic team and knows the pediatric difference
At Dayton Children’s Hospital, our certified and fellowship trained sports medicine experts are dedicated to the care of athletes. And because our team is specially trained in pediatrics, we understand how an injury may impact growth, or how growth might impact rehabilitation and for a growing athlete, it can mean a huge difference in recovery and return to play.