education and training
- medical school: Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria
- internship: University of Medicine and Dentistry, Newark, New Jersey
- residency: Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital/Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio - pediatrics
- Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA - pediatric cardiology
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH - pediatric cardiology
- board certification: American Board of Pediatrics, pediatric cardiology and general pediatrics
publications and presentations
- Raabe, EH, Abdurrahman L, Behbehani G, Arceci RJ. An SNF2 Factor involved in mammalian development and cellular proliferation. Dev Dyn. 2001 May:221(1):92-105.
- Abdurrahman L, Hoit BD, Banerjee A, Khoury PR, Meyer RA Pulmonary Venous Flow Doppler Velocities in Children. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 1998 Feb:11(2):132-7.
- Abdurrahman L, Schwartz SM, Beekman RH 3rd. Thrombotic occlusion of the main stem of the left coronary artery in a neonate. Cardiol Young. 1999 Mar:9(2):189-91.
- Abdurrahman L, Adatia I, Mayer JE Jr, Moore P, Treves ST. Acute pulmonary embolism in a neonate: precipitation during cardiac catheterization and successful treatment. Pediatr Cardiol. 1998 Sep-Oct:19(5):431-5.
- Giantris A, Abdurrahman L, Hinkle A, Asselin B. Lipshultz SE. Anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity in children and young adults. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 1998 Jan:27(1):53-68.
- Abdurrahman, L, NG W, Witt SA, Khoury PR, Kimball TR. Chronic subcutaneous heparin is associated with improved survival in pediatric heart transplan patients. Presented at the 16th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Society of Transplant Physicians. May 12, 1997
- Abdurrahman L, Hoit BD, Banerjee A, Khoury PR, Meyer RA. Presented at ODICH (Ohio Doctors Interested in Congenital Heart Disease). May 10, 1996, Columbus Children's Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
awards, honors and organizations
- Hewlett-Packard Medical Fellowship Award - 1995
- Best Science Project/ Science Day, Case Western Reserve University/Rainbow Babies Chilren's Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio - June 1995
- Best Teaching Resident, Rainbow Babies Children's Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio - 1991
- Best Student in Pediatrics, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria - June 1985