Oliver Soldes, MD is a surgeon at Dayton Children's Hospital. Dr. Soldes practices the full range of pediatric surgery with an additional focus on minimally invasive surgery, complex gastrointestinal surgery and inflammatory bowel disease.
Dr. Soldes attended Brown University for his undergraduate degree and doctorate of medicine. He completed his fellowship in surgical critical care and ECMO from the University of Michigan Health System and his pediatric surgery fellowship from The University of Michigan CS Mott Children's Hospital.
He has also served as a surgeon at the Cleveland Clinic, Akron Children's Hospital and The University of Michigan CS Mott Children's Hospital.
Online scheduling is for in-person, new patient appointments only. For follow-up, second opinion or video visit appointments, please call 937-641-4000.
If you would like to schedule an appointment for a condition that is not listed as an option for online scheduling, please call 937-641-4000.
education and training
- medical school: Brown University School of Medicine
- internship: University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI
- residency: University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI - surgery
- Pediatric Surgery, Univ. of Mich. CS Mott Hospital, Ann Arbor MI. - pediatric surgery
- University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI - surgical critical care/ECMO
- board certification: pediatric surgery, surgery and surgical critical care by the American Board of Surgery
awards, honors and organizations
- American Medical Association
- Brown Medical Alumni Association
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Pediatric Surgical Association
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- International Pediatric Endosurgery Group
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- American Trauma Society
- Frederick A. Coller Society
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow
- 2017-18: “Best Doctors” in America
- 2018: “Top Doctors”
- 2018: Cleveland Magazine’s “Best Doctors”
- Dayton Magazine, finalist, best pediatric surgery, 2021
- Dayton Magazine - Dayton Best Docs 2023
publications and presentations
- Splawski JB, Pffefferkorn MD, Schaefer ME, Day AS, Soldes OS, Ponsky TA, Stein P, Kaplan JL, Saeed SA. NASPGHAN Clinical Report on Postoperative Recurrence in Pediatric Crohn Disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2017 Oct;65(4):475-486.
get to know me
I chose my specialty because...
I like to fix problems both great and small and surgery often produces immediate results.
I like working with kids because...
I can have a long lasting positive impact on our community.
I chose to work at Dayton Children's because...
Dayton Children's focus is on the child and family first. They have assembled an outstanding team of caregivers.
Dayton Children's is special because...
we care for kids in a child friendly enviroment.
Abdominal hernia, Appendectomy, Bowel obstruction, Burns, Cancer surgery, Chest wall deformities, Chest wall malformations, Chest wall surgery, Circumcision, Circumcision revision, Cyst removal, Diaphragmatic hernia, ECMO, Epigastric hernias, Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, Fetal consult, Fetal/newborn consults, Gastroschisis, General pediatric surgery, Hernia repair, Hernia surgery, Hernias, Hirschsprung's disease, Hydrocele, Inguinal hernias, Laparoscopy, Minimally invasive surgery, Neonatal surgery, Newborn consult, Outpatient surgery, Pectus carinatum, Pectus excavatum, Re-circumcision, Thoracoscopy, Tracheaoesophageal fistula (TEF), Tumor removal, Umbilical hernias, achalasia, adrenalectomy, Anal Fistula, Anal Stenosis, Anorectal malformation, Appendicitis, Appendix surgery, Atresia, choledocal cyst, Circumcision care, colostomy, Crohn's disease, Dermoid cyst, esophageal duplication cyst, fibroadenoma, fistula, foregut surgery, gallbladder surgery, gallstones, gastroesophageal reflux, heller myotomy, hydrocele, ileostomy, Imperforate Anus, inflammatory bowel disease, ingrown toenail, Intestinal Arteriovenous malformation, intestinal duplication, Laparoscopic repair, Laparoscopic surgery, lip tie, liver biopsy, lobectomy, lung surgery, Malrotation, Meckel's diverticulum, Minimally invasive pediatric surgery, nephrectomy, neuroblastoma, Omphaloceles, ostomy, ovarian cyst, ovarian mass, pilonidal cyst, sebaceous cyst, skin lesion, soft tissue abscess, thyroglossal duct cyst, thyroidectomy, tongue tie, ulcerative colitis, urethral meatal stenosis, varicocele, wart removal, Wilms Tumor