programs and services
Our infectious disease specialists provide:
- Care for any patient with all types of infections or potential infections
- Evaluation and referrals for children with an immunodeficiency disorder
- Care for children who have human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV.
- Follow-up care after a hospital stay for children who remain on antibiotic medication
- Care for children who need parenteral antimicrobial therapy to help manage a chronic infection. Parenteral therapy usually means delivering the antibiotic through an intravenous tube or injection.
- Synagis Clinic for infants who are at high risk for respiratory syncytial virus, or RSV. Learn more
- Medical evaluations for children who have been adopted from another country to diagnose and treat potential infections
- Guidance for medical needs related to international travel
- Education to help parents and caregivers know what to expect and how to care for their child.
We work closely with many other specialists at Dayton Children’s to make sure that children with an infection receive the care they need. The hospital’s laboratory provides exceptional support, with advanced testing for infectious diseases and rapid turnaround on test results.