services and programs
Dayton Children's adolescent young adult medicine department provides health care for teens and young adults, age 12 to 25 years. We want to work with you and your doctor to address your health care needs: medical, social, and emotional.
services we provide
- Screening and support for adolescent concerns related to complex chronic medical conditions
- Medical management of uncomplicated anxiety and depression, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Contraceptive counseling and treatment, reproductive health and wellness evaluation
- Evaluation and treatment of menstrual problems, including absent, irregular, heavy, or infrequent menstrual bleeding, including due to chronic diseases or bleeding disorders, polycystic ovary syndrome, cramps/dysmenorrhea
- Health care for transgender and gender non-conforming youth
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STI)
- Consultation for families of LGBT and gender non-conforming youth
Patients should be advised that all appointments include a standard confidential one-on-one interview regardless of reason for visit. Our physicians strive to promote an environment where an adolescent’s need for confidentiality and trust is recognized while welcoming the involvement of family and significant others.
Health and wellness doesn’t happen in the clinic, it happens in your day-to-day life. We encourage you to be active, engaged and responsible for your health care. As we work together, our care team takes into account what is going on in your life; what are the social circumstances that are influencing your health, the emotional situations and how can we treat you as a whole person.
Our goal is to help young people navigate the ups and downs of being a teenager and develop into a responsible, independent healthy young adult.