local educational classes
Knowledgeable respiratory care professionals at Dayton Children’s provide helpful, one-on-one training on a variety of topics by appointment. Please call 937-641-3376 for more information.
- STAND, a tobacco cessation program for teens. We can also recommend tobacco cessation programs for adults.
- Asthma management for patients and families
- Cystic fibrosis management for patients and families
- Asthma management for school personnel
- Home care instruction to help caregivers administer aerosol and metered dose inhaler/spacer therapy; perform peak flow monitoring; learn airway clearance technique; and much more. Training on how to operate ventilation equipment (IPPB/BiPAP/CPAP) is scheduled separately.
National organizations provide extensive educational materials for patients and families dealing with breathing issues. Our specialists encourage families to find support through the following websites and organizations.