local educational classes
Knowledgeable respiratory care professionals at Dayton Children’s provide helpful, one-on-one training on a variety of topics by appointment. Please call 937-641-3376 for more information.
- STAND, a tobacco cessation program for teens. We can also recommend tobacco cessation programs for adults.
- Asthma management for patients and families
- Cystic fibrosis management for patients and families
- Asthma management for school personnel
- Home care instruction to help caregivers administer aerosol and metered dose inhaler/spacer therapy; perform peak flow monitoring; learn airway clearance technique; and much more. Training on how to operate ventilation equipment (IPPB/BiPAP/CPAP) is scheduled separately.
National organizations provide extensive educational materials for patients and families dealing with breathing issues. Our specialists encourage families to find support through the following websites and organizations.
American Academy of Asthma and Allergy