Daniel Robie, MD is the associate Chief Medical Officer and surgeon-in-chief at Dayton Children's Hospital. Dr. Robie has a special interest in minimally invasive surgery, chest wall malformations, congenital diaphragmatic hernia and biliary atresia.
Prior to his role at Dayton Children’s Hospital, he spent more than a decade at Nemours Children’s Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida where he served as the Division Chief of Pediatric Surgery and Director of Surgical Oncology. He also spent several years as the Chief of Pediatric Surgery at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii and Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
He received his surgery training at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and completed his fellowship with Texas Children’s Hospital. Dr. Robie earned his medical degree from Drexel College of Medicine.
He has been named one of the Best Doctors in America - a doctor that other doctors trust the most - multiple times, including in 2019. And, he has more than 40 papers and chapters in peer reviewed journals and textbooks.
When asked why he chose to specialize in pediatric surgery he responded, "I wanted to provide care to infants and children so they could live happy and productive lives.”
schedule an appointment
Online scheduling is for in-person, new patient appointments only. For follow-up, second opinion or video visit appointments, please call 937-641-4000.
If your child is an existing patient, log into MyKidsChart to schedule directly with your provider for follow-up care.
conditions you can schedule for:
If you would like to schedule an appointment for a condition that is not listed as an option for online scheduling, please call 937-641-4000.
new patients - select an appointment type
education and training
- medical school: Medical School at Drexel College of Medicine
- internship: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- residency: Walter Reed Army Medical Center - general surgery
- fellowship: Baylor College of Medicine - Texas Children's Hospital
- board certification: Pediatric Surgery, General Surgery
publications and presentations
- Robie DK, Poulos N, Dunn S. Management and successful separation of omphalopagus conjoined twins with ruptured omphalocele, complex biliary sharing and a choledochal cyst. Journal of Pediatric Surgery Case Reports, 47:101249, 2019.
- Bryskin RB, Robie DK, Mansfield FM, Fried EB and Sukumvanich S: Introduction of a Novel Ultra-Sound Guided Extrathoracic Sub-Paraspinal Block for control of perioperative pain in Nuss Procedure Patients. J Pediatr Surg, 52(3):484-491,2016.
- Robie DK: Initial experience with thoracoscopic esophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal fistula repair: Lessons learned and technical considerations to achieve success. Am Surg, 81(3):268-272, 2015.
awards, honors or organizations
- Healthcare Hero, Jacksonville Business Journal - 2016
- Surgical Specialist of the Year - Northeast Florida Pediatric Society - 2015
- Best Doctors of America (2011-2019)
- Dayton Magazine, finalist, best pediatric surgery, 2021
get to know me
I chose my specialty because...
I wanted to provide care to infants and children so they could live happy and productive lives.
I like working with kids because...
they bring a smile to my face and warmth to my heart.
I chose to work at Dayton Children's because...
it is an amazing place with caring and gifted medical staff and an amazing leadership team.
Dayton Children's is special because...
they go above and beyond to provide the highest quality and safest care.