simulation scenarios and policies
continuing education simulation scenarios
Patient admitted to Specialty Pediatrics. Three month old admitted previous day for RSV+ bronchiolitis, worsening cough and WOB overnight. Not responding to albuterol and SPO2 88% on 2L NC. Patient will deteriorate to intubation.
- Recognition and management of respiratory distress
- Teamwork and communication
- Airway management
Patient arriving to the Emergency Department. Six year old brought in for a cold x3 days and found very hot and confused. Patient is in fluid-resistant shock and will respond transiently to fluid boluses. Patient will stabilize once placed on peripheral inotropes.
- Recognition of shock with metabolic acidosis
- Appropriate management of shock
- Adequate fluid resuscitation and administration
DKA Cerebral Edema
Patient admitted to the PICU. Two year old with history of vomiting, pallor and floppiness who is tachypneic and tachycardiac. Patient becomes unresponsive and requires intubation and cerebral edema management.
- Appropriate fluid management in DKA
- Recognition and treatment of Cerebral Edema
- Understand principles to minimize risk of cerebral edema
Policy Title: Code of Conduct
Policy Title: Simulation Media Recording and Retention
Policy Title: Simulation Equipment Maintenance and Cleaning
Policy Title: Simulation Room Closure in High Census