If you have questions about an upcoming appointment, please call central scheduling at 937-641-4000.
For questions about surgeries and procedures view our surgery FAQs or call your clinic directly.
For other COVID-19 questions, please review the questions and answers below.
my child has an upcoming appointment or I need to make an appointment. what should I do?
If you or your child are sick, we ask that you please reschedule. We are committed to the care of your child, and will provide care any way necessary, based on your individual needs.
- Already scheduled appointments: If you already had an appointment scheduled, your care team will be reaching out to you with options for your visit. Those include keeping an in-person visit, doing a telephone call, doing a video visit, or rescheduling your appointment. If you do not hear from your care team within 24 hours of your appointment, please call central scheduling at 937-641-4000.
- New in-person appointments: If you need to make a new in-person appointment you can schedule online or you can call our scheduling team at 937-641-4000.
- Scheduling a virtual visit: Depending on your clinic, you could do a telephone call or video visit. To schedule a virtual visit, call our scheduling team at 937-641-4000.
- If you are scheduled for a video visit, please find instructions for getting set up for video visits with a Dayton Children’s provider.
- We encourage you to sign in to your MyKidsChart account to ensure you can successfully access your account and be ready for your visit. Don’t have an account? It’s easy to sign up now!
my child is scheduled for surgery/procedure. do they need to be tested for COVID-19?
Currently, no COVID-19 testing is required.
are all of Dayton Children’s locations open?
what are your visitor restrictions? who can come to the hospital?
We have implemented visitor restrictions to limit the number of people in the hospital. All of these efforts are to help keep our patients, families and staff safe, and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
what are my options if I want to do my child’s appointment at home?
Each clinic is a little different and many are offering video visits. Your care team will talk through your options and you can decide together what will be best for you and your child. Please be sure your MyKidsChart account is working, if you have one, or sign up for an account now! Having MyKidsChart will enable you to communicate with your provider and prepare you for a video visit, if scheduled.
I’m going to do a video visit with my child’s provider. what should I do to prepare?
First, download the MyKidsChart app, and make sure that you are able to sign into your MyKidsChart account. If you don’t have an account, sign up here! We also recommend testing your connection before your visit.
We know schedules and routines can be unpredictable, but please try to find a quiet, comfortable spot at home where you and your child can have the appointment. Please avoid doing your visit in the car, in the grocery store, etc. We want to make sure that your video visit is as productive as possible!
View more step-by-step instructions for getting ready for a video visit.
what is your mask policy?
As of April 10, 2023, staff, visitors, patients and volunteers are no longer required to wear masks in public and patient care areas unless otherwise noted (i.e. isolation rooms, surgery).