Please note that neither Dayton Children’s Hospital nor the adolescent and young adult medicine division endorses all of the information found at the external services listed below. These links are provided as a resource. Due to COVID, you may experience reduced service availability and hours may be subject to change.
- Key terms in understanding LGBTQ+ students
- GLSEN respect for all; a guide for district and school leaders
- Model local education agency policy on transgender and nonbinary students
- Schools in transition; A guide for supporting transgender students in K-12
- The Suicide Prevention Plan for Ohio 2020-2022
- APA LGBTQ+ programs
- Fact sheets, best practices and other resources, based on resolution adopted by the American Psychological Association (APA) and the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
- Campus Pride
- Information on LGBTQ+ resources in colleges and universities throughout the U.S.
- Gender Spectrum
- Provides extensive materials for youth, families, faith communities, and medical/mental health/social work professionals
- Kaleidoscope Youth Center
- LGBTQ+ youth center in Columbus open Monday -Friday, events throughout year, 603 E. Town St, Columbus
- GLSEN – Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network
- Lead with Love
- Lead with Love is a 35-minute documentary created to help provide comfort, information, and guidance for parents who have recently learned that their child is lesbian, gay, or bisexual.
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- Information about the rights of transgender youth in school and beyond, with resources and how to guides.
- Stand with Trans
- Dedicated to programs, education, and support groups serving transgender youth, Ally parents support line.
- Trans Teens Online Talk Group
- The GLBT National Help Center
- Serving LGBTQ+ people by providing free & confidential peer support, Youth Talk line: 1-800-246-PRIDE (1-800-246-7743), Hotline: 1-888-843-4564
- The Trevor Project
- Nation’s only 24/7 crisis intervention and suicide prevention line for LGBTQ young people ages 13-24 years. 1-866-488-7386 (1-866-4-U-TREVOR)
- Visible and Resilient in Community and Self (V&R)
- Meets online on rotating schedule, In-person community building projects
- Welcoming Schools
- HRC Foundation project to provide school communities tools to create welcoming and inclusive environments
- Dayton Children's Gender Diversity Support Group
- Meets every fourth Thursday of the month from 7-8 pm.
- Meets every third Thursday of the month in November and December from 7-8 pm.
- Meets at Dayton Children's Hospital at first floor Private Dining Rooms A & B.
- Call 937-641-3855 for questions or more information.
- Meeting will be held with proper social distancing requirements.
- PFLAG Dayton - Parents, Families, Friends, & Allies United with LGBT People
- Meets at Harmony Creek Church, Kettering, 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7 pm.
- Gatlyn Dame Group
- Meets at Greater Dayton LGBT Center, Jefferson St, 3rd Tuesday each month at 7 pm.
- Visible and Resilient in Community and Self (V&R for short)
- V&R is a grant funded SOGIE inclusive, LGBTQ+ coordinated, multi-generational prevention education services project focused on promoting health equity, personal agency, autonomy, and increasing access to resources for LGBTQ+ youth in Montgomery County, Ohio.
LGBTQ+ drop in center in Dayton open Monday-Friday, 605 S. Patterson Blvd, Dayton