visitors and donations
Child life collaborates with community groups or individuals who are interested in bringing smiles to our patient’s faces. These visitors positively impact patients by engaging them in activities or donating needed items from our wish list.
Special events or group visits should be scheduled two weeks to one month in advance. Dates and times are limited and fill up fast.
please keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Preferred group size is five people or less
- All participants must be age 15+
- Groups must be accompanied by a child life specialist or hospital volunteer
- No food, candy or latex balloons
- All photos require parent consent
- Allow 60 to 90 minutes for your group visit
- Our patients range in age from newborn to 21 years of age
If you are interested in visiting patients at Dayton Children’s please complete this form. We will be in touch with you after we have reviewed your request.
child life donations
Child life only accepts donations of new toys and new stuffed animals. All items should be in their original packaging and stuffed animals should have their original tags. Please do not wrap gifts. Gift bags, tissue and wrapping paper can be donated.
Child life also accepts monetary donations to support the Child Life Fund, providing toys, books and games for all areas of the hospital. The fund also supports the purchase of craft supplies, birthday gifts and holiday activities.