requirements and benefits
Please make sure to review the following requirements and make sure that volunteering at Dayton Children’s would be a fit for you before submitting an application.
- Volunteers make a commitment of three to four hours a week on a regularly scheduled basis and serve a minimum of 100 hours or one year. Volunteer positions are available Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with limited positions on the weekends and in the evenings.
- Volunteers must be over the age of 18 and out of high school. Teens age 16-18 who are still in high school can apply for our summer volunteen program.
- All volunteers must receive an annual mandatory flu vaccine. This is provided free of charge to all Dayton Children’s volunteers at the hospital. If you do not receive a flu vaccine you cannot volunteer at Dayton Children’s.
- All volunteers must undergo TB testing as well as show immunization records for Tdap, rubeola, mumps, rubella and chicken pox. TB testing is done by a Dayton Children’s employee health nurse at no cost to the volunteer.
- Volunteers must wear their blue smock uniform. This uniform will be provided to all volunteers free of charge.
- All volunteers must attend volunteer orientation.This is usually on a Tuesday morning.
- Meal voucher each day you volunteer a minimum of four hours
- Free flu shots each year
- Awards for hours served
- Annual recognition banquet
- Free parking
- Free uniform
- Letter of reference after completing 50 hours of service
- Gratitude of countless patients and families as well as the Dayton Children’s staff