summer volunteen program
Dayton Children’s provides an opportunity for teens to experience the satisfaction of volunteering and sharing their time with others during the summer months. Our volunteen program is designed to help teens learn valuable skills that will service them for a lifetime. The 2021 summer volunteen program is at full capacity for participants. Please check back in early 2022 for more information on the volunteen program.
- Teens must be 16 years old by June 1 of the year they are applying.
- Applications are accepted the first week of February only.
- Selections for interviews will be based off application review.
- We will not maintain a wait list.
- Teens accepted into the Volunteen program must be able to attend the mandatory scheduled orientation session in May.
- Teens may begin volunteering after their last day of school.
- Teens must volunteer a minimum of three to four hours a week for nine weeks during the summer.
how to submit your application:
- Mail to
Volunteer Resources Department
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404
- Drop it off at our main campus
- Email it to email@example.com
- Fax it to 937-641-3804
We offer a job shadowing program four times a year on set dates. This program allows junior and senior high school students and college students to sign up to shadow a clinical staff member for 5 hours in addition to learning more about careers and volunteering in healthcare. For more information on this program please contact us at 937-641-3333.
For information on shadowing opportunities for pre-med college students please contact Amy Blevins at 937-641-5871.