summer volunteen program
Dayton Children’s provides an opportunity for teens to experience the satisfaction of volunteering and sharing their time with others during the summer months. Our volunteen program is designed to help teens learn valuable skills that will service them for a lifetime. The Volunteen application for 2019 is now closed. Please come back in February 2020 for the 2020 application.
- Teens must be 16 years old by June 1 of the year they are applying.
- Applications are accepted the first week of February only.
- Selections for interviews will be based off application review.
- We will not maintain a wait list.
- Teens accepted into the Volunteen program must be able to attend the mandatory scheduled orientation session in May.
- Teens may begin volunteering after their last day of school.
- Teens must volunteer a minimum of four hours a week for nine weeks during the summer.
- Teens may continue to volunteer during the school year once the summer commitment is fulfilled.
how to submit your application:
- Mail to
Volunteer Resources Department
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404
- Drop it off at our main campus
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax it to 937-641-3804
Most areas of the hospital do not offer shadowing opportunities. However we do offer a nurse shadowing program. This program allows junior and senior high school students to sign up to shadow an inpatient nurse for one 8 hr. shift. For more information on this program please contact us at 937-641-3333.
For information on shadowing opportunities for pre-med school students please contact Amy Blevins at 937-641-5871.
college work study program
Dayton Children’s partners with the University of Dayton for work study opportunities. When possible we try to match students in areas of the hospital related to their interests or area of study. Our work study students attend an orientation in September and work through their school year. For more information on being a work study student at Dayton Children’s please contact the University of Dayton student employment office at 937-229-3249.