host an event
Throughout the years, Dayton Children’s has been blessed and strengthened financially thanks to the generous support of the community. Each year, dozens of individuals, groups and organizations host events to benefit the hospital. Our community’s financial support and volunteerism make it possible for us to care for every child needing our services, attract top pediatric specialists to our staff, purchase the most advanced technology and accommodate the community’s need for key services.
If you are interested in hosting an event for Dayton Children’s, please complete an event registration form and email us at email@example.com to start the process of hosting an event. Please contact us at least one month prior to your event.
- Any event or promotion that involves the name of Dayton Children's Hospital must be approved in advance by the development office at Dayton Children's at least one month prior to the event.
- A third party event registration form must be completed before such approval can be granted.
- There are some events that we cannot approve including activities that require any of the following:
- Compete or conflict with an already established or scheduled event to benefit Dayton Children's.
- Fail to comply with any municipal, county, state and/or federal law.
- Are detrimental to the integrity of the name and reputation of Dayton Children’s Hospital.
- Dayton Children's Hospital development officers are not responsible for planning, executing or staffing third party events.
- The event must not require any financing from Dayton Children’s. The sponsor must assume all costs of the event.
- Dayton Children's cannot assume any liability for your event.
- Dayton Children's encourages you or your organization to send press releases and produce other publicity. Before sending a press release, media alert, advertisement or other form of publicity to any media outlet, please submit all copy/design to the development office for review and approval.
- Publicity may not suggest that the event is being sponsored or co-sponsored by Dayton Children’s or that the hospital is involved in any way except as the beneficiary. The suggested way to describe hospital involvement is to list the event name followed by "benefiting Dayton Children's through…" It is our understanding that 100 percent of the net proceeds will be donated to Dayton Children’s. We reserve the right to examine possible involvement of any other charity or suggested split of proceeds.
follow up and submitting donation
Please make checks payable to Dayton Children’s Hospital. Cash donations should be submitted as a cashier’s check or money order. All funds raised from the proposed event must submitted to the hospital within 30 days of the event. To arrange a drop off during our business hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm please call 937-641-3405.
To mail your check:
Dayton Children's Hospital
One Children’s Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404-1815.
how we can help
- Staffing: Dayton Children's is unable to provide volunteers and staff for the purpose of the event. However, a Dayton Children’s representative may attend the event, if requested, based on availability.
- Mailing lists: Dayton Children's mailing lists, including donor lists, are confidential and maintained for hospital use only and cannot be used to promote your event.
- Logo: The Dayton Children's logo may only be used if the sponsoring organization has received prior approval. We will supply a print-ready or electronic logo upon request.
- Banner: Dayton Children’s may provide a banner to hang during the event, depending on availability. The banner should be returned to Dayton Children’s as soon as possible after the event.
- Ticket sales: Dayton Children’s staff cannot assist with ticket sales. Tickets may not be sold on the Dayton Children's premises.
- Publicity: Dayton Children's will post your event on the hospital's website calendar of events. To have your event added to our calendar please use our submit an event form. Dayton Children's reserves the right to use photos and information about third party events for use in publications, social media and other materials but no publicity outside of our website event calendar is guaranteed for third party events.
host a virtual event
Virtual and digital fundraising continues to grow and expand and we are seeing more and more individuals and groups wanting to take this approach for supporting Dayton Children’s. The same guidelines above apply to virtual events.
You can set up your own fundraising page to support Dayton Children's on Crowdrise. Get started by setting up a Crowdrise account and profile. Then come up with a fundraising project - a marathon, a bike ride, tournament...be creative! Invite your friends and family to help you with your fundraising project through the social media feeds and email generator. It is so easy and fun to do! Watch your progress grow, earn points, participate in Crowdrise contests, and see a scroll of your donors on your project page. Gifts are processed automatically by Network for Good and sent directly to Dayton Children's.