11/1/22 news article
Dayton Children's holiday gift donation drop off days
Every year, generous people within our community (like you!) donate truckloads of toys and gifts to the patients at Dayton Children's for the holidays. Dayton Children’s Hospital is once again holding two holiday gift drive events, in partnership with Planes Moving and Storage. These drop off events will happen at Tech Town, Dayton Children's office building in downtown Dayton. Busy this holiday season? Let us purchase your toy donations for you or pick out one of our new child life toy bundles, built with our patients' needs in mind!
dates and times:
Saturday, December 3 | 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Friday, December 9 | 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
RSVP and let us know you're coming here.
Tech Town - 241 Taylor St., Dayton (Dayton Children’s office building in downtown Dayton off of Monument St.)
frequently asked questions
How will it work? When donors arrive to the drop off event, they will be able to pull their car up and open their trunk full of gifts. Dayton Children’s volunteer “elves” will do the rest unloading the donations and filling trucks to deliver them to patients at Dayton Children’s during the holidays!
What can be donated? There are four ways you can donate this year:
- Let us do the shopping: Monetary donations allow the Dayton Children’s child life staff to shop for items they know patients really want. Make a donation at support.daytonchildrens.org/givechildlife.
- Purchase a child life toy bundle: These bundles were made with our patients' needs in mind by our amazing child life staff. Purchase a bundle for donation here.
- Shop our Amazon wish list: You can also shop our Amazon wish list and have the items shipped directly to the hospital!
- Do your own shopping and drop the items off at our drop off days! There are so many fun options to donate, the one thing we ask is that all donations must be new. To make it easy for the community we’ve developed a wish list of items! You can view the full wish list at childrensdayton.org/wishlist.
Is there anything that cannot be donated?
Due to infection control and for the safety of our patients, we cannot accept:
- Used stuff animals or toys
- Food or candy
- Blankets or pillowcases
- Toys with weapons, including nerf guns
- Sporting equipment/riding toys (scooters, skateboards, bicycles, footballs, etc.)
What if someone can’t make it to one of the drop off days? While individual drop offs cannot be accommodated, monetary donations are always welcome. These donations allow the Dayton Children’s child life staff to shop for items they know patients really want. Make a donation at support.daytonchildrens.org/givechildlife. You can also shop our Amazon wish list and have the items shipped directly to the hospital!
Additional questions: Please call our child life department at 937-641-3303.