2022 news-making moments
Every year brings new advances and new adventures at Dayton Children’s. Here are the year’s highlights.
bridging the gap in behavioral health
As the health crisis of his generation, Dayton Children's is committed to providing a full continuum of mental and behavioral health support for children, to not only keep children safe in a crisis but get upstream and prevent mental health crisis from occurring.
- Dayton Children's Hospital announces plans for a new free-standing pediatric mental health care center
- Supporting family conversations with On Our Sleeves conversation starter cards
- Launching resources for educators
- Dayton Children's embeds behavioral health care in more schools
- Dayton Children's patient shares story of survival on 20/20
Launched a one-of-a-kind program focused on the holistic wellbeing of the female athlete and realized positive results form the world's first gene therapy for a rare disorder.
- Dayton Children's launches the Center for the Female Athlete
supporting the community through COVID-19
Went above and beyond to offer resources to help families protect their children from COVID-19.
- Dayton Children's hosts mass vaccination clinic at UD Arena to help thousands of children be safer for the holidays
- New data dashboard will enhance transparency about community spread in children
- National Guard assists with overwhelming demand for testing
- COVID-19 efforts featured on World News Tonight and Good Morning America
new services, spaces and friends
Added a new service line and a fourth location of a parent favorite.
equity and advocacy
A child's health should never be determined by their zip code, so Dayton Children's invested in programs aimed at achieving the optimal health for every child within our reach.