our mission, vision and values
Relentless pursuit of optimal health for every child within our reach.
Reinventing the path to children's health for families throughout our region and beyond.
Organizational values act as a compass to guide us as we make decisions, interact with each other and our patients, work to find innovative solutions, and provide the best care possible to our patients and their families.
In short, organizational values support our mission of improving the health status of all children and enable us to realize our vision of being the first choice for children’s health.
At Dayton Children’s we believe that each moment counts with how we interact with our patients, families and with each other. The following values guide us each and every day.
- Safety--We make safety our first priority.
- Compassion--We deliver compassionate, family-centered care to all we serve.
- Ownership--We are the pediatric care experts and act knowing that every patient, visitor and the hospital is our collective responsibility.
- Collaboration--We work collaboratively to care for children, their families and each other.
- Innovation--We continuously innovate to make Dayton Children’s even better today and into the future.
- Value Creation--We deliver quality outcomes and excellent service while being good stewards of health care resources.