say cheese, cheese quesadilla
learn how to make a quesadilla
This meal is simple to assemble and is easy to prepare with whatever you have at home. If you have leftover vegetable or meats from last night’s dinner, throw it into a tortilla with some cheese and you have a meal!
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (other good vegetable include zucchini, summer squash, kale, and corn)
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 whole grain tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice (good options include: quesadilla, Mexican mix, or mild cheddar cheese)
- 1 tsp of oil, or spray oil for the pan
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
Watch Emily Callen, community food equity manager, make a quesadilla in our community teaching kitchen!