26th annual pediatric orthopedic symposium
Friday, October 13, 2023 | 7:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Join us for Dayton Children's 26th annual pediatric symposium. This year our in-person event will focus on newborns and new athletes.
Topics will include:
- Congenital hand conditions
- Brachial plexus birth injuries
- The orthopedic newborn exam
- The sports physical and sports clearance
- Developmental dysplasia of the hip
- Clubfoot, vertical talus, and other foot deformities
- Early onset of scoliosis
- ...and more!
ortho symposium agenda
7:15 - 7:30 am welcome & introduction -- Adam Mezoff, MD , vice president and chief medical officer
7:30-7:50 am congenital hand conditions -- David Martineau, MD
7:50 - 8:15 am brachial plexus birth injuries -- Michael Albert, MD
8:15 - 8:45 am the orthopedic newborn exam -- Claire Beimesch, MD
8:45 - 9:15 am the sports physical and sports clearance -- Lora Scott, MD, Carla Bridges, MD, Ann Smith, DPT
instructional course lectures
9:15 - 10:00 am
- ICL A: doing too much: overuse injuries, concussions, stress fractures -- Sarah Steward, MD, Carla Bridges, MD, Shaun Spielman, MD
- ICL B : the early diagnosis of cerebral palsy -- Barynia Backeljauw, MD, Michelle Potts, MD, Deborah Mowery MD
- ICL C: hip and knee exam of newborns: sim models -- Michael Albert, MD, Melissa Martinek, DO, PhD, Claire Beimesch, MD
10:00 - 10:15 am break
10:15 - 10:45 am developmental dysplasia of the hip -- Melissa Martinek, DO
10:45 - 11:15 am clubfoot, vertical talus, and other foot deformities -- Craig Shank, MD
11:15 - 12:00 pm early onset scoliosis -- Nicholas Gajewski, MD
12:00 - 12: 15 pm questions
12:15 - 1:00 pm lunch
1:30 pm golf (shotgun start)
CME credits will be available for symposium.
For additional questions please contact the Academic Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-641-5070.please click to register for ortho symposium