Complete care for orthopedic accidents and sports injuries
Don’t waste time and spend more money with an expensive emergency room or general urgent care visit. You can get specialty orthopedic care at after-hours ortho for the cost of a specialty office visit. If you have an accident, sports injury, or other acute orthopedic pain, it’s important to see the right specialist, right away. Dayton Children’s is the only care center in the region that focuses solely on musculoskeletal conditions. From birth to 21 years old, we treat injuries at a fraction of the cost of an emergency room or general urgent care visit. We offer a full range of services including imaging, casting, splinting and bracing.
Due to COVID-19, online scheduling availability may be limited. To schedule, reschedule or cancel an appointment, call 937-641-4000.
When your child or teen is injured, don’t sit next to sick and ill patients in the emergency room. Get faster, less expensive, expert care at after-hours ortho. Our pediatric trained specialists will treat orthopedic injuries including:
- Broken bones/fractures
- Sports injuries
- Foot or ankle injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Knee injuries
- Hand or wrist injuries
- Strains and sprains
We do not treat:
- Concussions/head injuries
- Back pain
- Breathing issues
- Severe fractures needing reduction and sedation
3333 West Tech Rd
What is the cost?
After-hours ortho charges the same as a specialist office visit. The charge may be vary depending on your injury, diagnosis and insurance coverage.
Where is it located?
Dayton Children’s specialty care center located at 3333 West Tech Rd, Springboro Ohio
Who will you treat?
Any patient from birth to age 21
Can I make an appointment?
We welcome walk-ins or you can save time and save your spot!
Who will treat my child?
Our orthopedic and sports medicine experts provide comprehensive pediatric focused techniques to ensure the best care for your child.
What insurance do you take?
Dayton Children's is a not-for-profit hospital and accepts all insurance providers. For more information visit https://www.childrensdayton.org/patients-visitors/after-your-visit/billing/insurance
Do I need a referral?
No, you do not. However, a few insurances do require a referral such as Tricare. Please check with your insurance company for confirmation.
Why choose Dayton Children’s after-hours ortho?
Beyond expert orthopedic care at a lower cost, Dayton Children’s offers the pediatric difference.
- Our imaging equipment is designed for children and teens, with an emphasis on comfort and safety. Our radiology team adjusts the amount of radiation each patient receives, taking the child’s weight and size into account. Delivering “kid-sized” doses is important, because the growing tissues in children’s bodies are especially sensitive to radiation. Learn more about medical imaging at Dayton Children’s.
- Children, teens and adolescents have growth plates, so quick pediatric focused diagnosis and treatment are essential to preventing long-term issues.
- Kids and adolescents experience periods of rapid growth. We know how to treat conditions related to these growth challenges.
- The psychology of the athlete is unique. We know athletes — what they think, how they feel and what they need. The athletes' state of mind is as important as their level of fitness and skill.