your clinic visit
what to expect at your child’s clinic visit
Thank you for choosing Dayton Children’s for your child’s ear, nose and throat care. Before making an appointment, we ask that you obtain a referral from your child’s physician. The central scheduling department will contact you once we receive the referral.
Before your child’s first appointment with us, we will ask you to complete a medical history form to help us better understand your concerns and plan your child’s visit.
Please bring the following to your child’s first visit:
- Any medical records you may have that relate to your child’s condition
Test results (unless lab tests were performed at Dayton Children’s; our team has access to those results)
your child’s visit to our pediatric ENT clinics
Your child’s first visit may include:
- A physical exam
- Questions about your child’s medical history
- Office procedures to visualize ear, nose and throat conditions
- A conversation about treatment options, including medication or surgery
- Education about managing your child’s condition at home
- Referrals for follow up tests, such as X-rays or hearing tests
Our pediatric ENT specialists spend time with families to make sure they fully understand the child’s condition, the treatment options and what to expect during and after treatment.
Triage nurses are available at 937-641-3109 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday to talk to parents when their child is ill, answer questions, process pharmacy refills, discuss insurance coverage, explain test results and much more. After hours, parents of established patients can dial 937-641-3000 to reach the hospital’s operator, and ask for the ENT specialist on call.