donate toys or gifts
Children admitted to Dayton Children’s and their families receive the finest medical treatment, emotional support and loving care available anywhere. But children have other special needs. Your gift of toys, books, games, and activities help brighten a child’s stay at Dayton Children's. These gift items are used for birthday presents, end-of-treatment gifts and to stock our play and waiting areas.
*Due to infection control policy we cannot accept used stuffed animals or toys. Due to food allergies and food labeling requirements we are not able to accept donations of food or candy for patients.
kids wish list: top ten items needed
top ten items needed (Please note that all items must be new. We cannot accept used items):
- Infant/Toddler musical, light up or vibrating toys
- Gift cards for Amazon, Wal-Mart, Meijer, Target, area restaurants
- Small/medium lego sets
- Matchbox cars
- Infant Teethers, Rattles
- Play-doh & Play-doh sets
- My Little Pony figures and playsets
- Littlest Pet Shop figures and playsets
- Word search books
- Playing cards, Uno, Go Fish, Skip-Bo
items needed by age
infant and toddler
- Plastic, musical, light up or vibrating toys
- Rattles, teethers, plastic crib links
- Board books (all cardboard pages)
- See-N-Say toys
- Crayola crayons, markers and coloring books
- Little Tikes and Fisher Price toys (Little People, animals, school bus, airplane, cars, play phone)
- Matchbox/Hotwheels cars/trucks
- My Little Pony/Littlest Pet Shop toys
- Play-doh and Play-doh kits
- Culturally diverse baby dolls & Barbie dolls
- New, small stuffed animals (must be new)
- Action figures, transformers
- Small/medium lego sets
- Toy dinosaurs, insects, animals
- Cards - Uno, playing cards, Go Fish, Old Maid, Skip-Bo
- Over the door basketball hoops
- Arts & crafts kits
- Fingernail polish, Lip Smackers chapstick
- Word search, Mad Lib, crossword puzzle books
- Adult coloring books,sketch pads, colored pencils
- Gift cards: Amazon, Target, Walmart
items to make
- Activity bags - Paper or ziplock bags filled with fun activities: stickers, coloring sheets, word search puzzles, crayons or colored pencils, glue sticks, craft kits with instructions, decks of cards. No food or candy.
- Teen bags- Paper or ziplock bags filled with finger skateboards, Rubik's cube, adult coloring books and colored pencils, card games, word search books, fidget spinners, nail polish, ear buds
- Toiletry kits (for older teens and parents) - Ziplock bags with toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, comb
- Hand-made quilts and pillowcases.
- Please note that we can no longer accept homemade fleece or knitted/crocheted blankets for our patients. Our first priority is patient safety, so all blankets must be washed in our hospital-grade cleaning facility prior to distributing to our patients, and these items do not tolerate the heat well. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us to provide the very best experience for our kids.
let us do the shopping for you
Make an online donation to child life. Funds are used to provide activities, toys and gifts for patients. Monetary donations enable the child life department to purchase items as they are needed, resulting in reduced storage needs and the ability to purchase needed items. Click here to make an online gift and specify the child life department.
dropping off items
Items for child life can be dropped off at the welcome center at Dayton Children’s main campus Monday - Friday between 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. You will be asked to complete a short donation form for acknowledgment purposes. If you are bringing a large donation (100 items or more) please call 937-641-3303 in advance to make an appointment for your drop off.