The department of pediatric nephrology at Dayton Children's provides comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for infants, children and adolescents with disorders of the kidney, fluid and electrolyte imbalances.
We offer specialized procedures for renal replacement therapy including hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and hemofiltration/hemodiafiltration (CAVH/CVVH) for acute patients and state-of-the art blood pressure monitoring. We work closely with urologic and pediatric surgeons to provide comprehensive management of patients.
Conditions We Treat
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Urinary tract infections and disorders
- Hematuria (blood in urine)
- Proteinuria (protein in urine)
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Voiding disorders
- Enuresis (bedwetting)
- Acute renal failure
- Chronic renal failure
- End stage renal disease
- Kidney transplantation
- Fluid and electrolyte imbalances
- Renal tubular disorders
- Metabolic bone disease
- Disorders of mineral metabolism
- Familial renal disorders
- Syndromes with renal involvement
Services We Offer
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Kidney biopsy
- Dialysis - inpatient only
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Continuous venovenous hemofiltration
- Charcoal hemoperfusion
- Voiding dysfunction monitoring with URO dynamic testing
- Home intravenous therapy
- Medication infusions
- Nutritional support
- Parent and caregiver education and support
Meet Our Team
Tamara Brockman, CPNP
Pediatric Nephrology - Dayton Children's
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Specialty Clinics -- Lima
Specialty Care Center - Warren County
More than 50 articles on conditions, treatments and nutrition. Articles are available as PDFs.
Appointments are made by referral only from a physician.
Finding trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. eGrowing Together offers the latest health, safety and parenting information from our experts delivered to your inbox every month.