To be the 1st Choice for children's health.
To improve the health status of all children through service, education, research and advocacy.
The primary mission of Dayton Children's is to provide quality health care for children from infancy through adolescence. The hospital will be a health care resource to all children of the Miami Valley regardless of their socioeconomic status. We will offer comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnosis and treatment in an emotionally supportive setting for our patients and their families.
Education and Research
Dayton Children's will provide pediatric training for a variety of health care professionals at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels. We will, in partnership with affiliated institutions, participate in the support of appropriate research activities.
Advocacy and Community Responsibility
Dayton Children's will be an active advocate for children. We will work to develop local, state and national health policies that reflect the needs of children. We will encourage, support and participate in community programs to improve the health, education and overall wellness of area children.
Organizational values act as a compass to guide us as we make decisions, interact with each other and our patients, work to find innovative solutions, and provide the best care possible to our patients and their families.
In short, organizational values support our mission of improving the health status of all children and enable us to realize our vision of being the first choice for children’s health.
At Dayton Children’s we believe that each moment counts with how we interact with our patients, families and with each other. The following values guide us each and every day.
- Safety--We make safety our first priority.
- Compassion--We deliver compassionate, family-centered care to all we serve.
- Ownership--We are the pediatric care experts and act knowing that every patient, visitor and the hospital is our collective responsibility.
- Collaboration--We work collaboratively to care for children, their families and each other.
- Innovation--We continuously innovate to make Dayton Children’s even better today and into the future.
- Value Creation--We deliver quality outcomes and excellent service while being good stewards of health care resources.
Learn more about our strategic roadmap to the future.