Dayton Children's Sports Medicine Services
Dayton Children’s sports medicine offers variety of services and programs to meet the needs of patients, families, coaches, and athletic associations—from injury prevention education to concussion management. In partnership with other top specialists at Dayton Children’s, we are always developing new programs for sports-related conditions.
Our program is designed to be a resource for all the athlete’s health care needs within Dayton Children’s.
- Same day or next day appointments
- Dedicated sports medicine staff
- On-site sports physical therapy
- Concussion management program
- Neurocognitive concussion testing- preseason baseline and after injury
- Consultations regarding sports nutrition, sports psychology, sports related breathing issues, injury related complications, and return to sport evaluations
- Timely on-site imaging (MRI, Bone Scan, CT scan)
- On-site bracing
- Prompt referrals to orthopaedic surgeons when needed
- Collaboration with schools and sports teams
- Established Monday afternoon walk-in sports medicine fracture clinic- downtown Dayton location
Why don't we offer sports physicals?
The sports physical is best when performed annually by a professional with most knowledge of your medical history. Key points in your personal or family history will be noted in your primary doctor's chart, even if you forgot about it while filling out a form for your sports physical. Because of this, we recommend you have your physical done with a physician who knows your history well. However, there are times when your physician is unavailable, or you have a more complicated history which requires approval from a specialist. Under these circumstances, we will perform your sports physical with a referral from your primary doctor.
Appointments available without a referral from a physician.
Same or next day appointments available.
Get your FREE baseline concussion test today.
Make a referral
Fax referral forms: 937-641-4500, 24 hours
Toll-free fax: 1-866-891-6941
Hours: 7:30 am to 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday