Director: Carol L. Wise, MS, RN, BC, CPHQ
- Concurrent review of all inpatient admissions from the quality, utilization management and risk management perspectives.
- Communication of clinical information to third party payers for certification of patient stays.
- Facilitation of medical necessity denial and appeals, both for commercial payers and Medicaid patients.
- Coordination of hospital utilization management concerns with the Vice President of Medical Affairs, the Chief Finance Offices, attending physicians, residents and other health care team members.
- Tracking and trending of identified quality, utilization and risk management concerns.
- Coordination of information for third party payer scorecards.
- Provision of data support for the clinical practice guideline teams.
- Overall support for the JCAHO and other regulatory surveys.
Sign up for Pediatric Link
Finding the latest trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. Pediatric Link, Dayton Children's e-newsletter offers timely and up-to-date information for health care professionals from the experts you trust at Dayton Children's. Sign up