how we measure quality
Quality and Safety are the two over-arching priorities for all that we do at Dayton Children’s.
Quality care means that Dayton Children’s doctors and staff are constantly striving to meet the expectations of our parents, families and patients. We want to provide expert care and do so in a safe manner, using evidence-based care.
Evidence-based care includes three basic parts:
- Those who care for your child should have the best clinical expertise and experience related to your child’s diagnosis.
- The doctors and nurses need to understand and respect your preferences and values in caring for your child and your family.
- The clinical staff will strive to use the best clinical research available when developing a treatment plan for your child’s diagnosis.
Validating that the care delivered results in good clinical outcomes for our patients is important in supporting our mission. We have identified many indicators that help us measure quality.
Learn more about:
- Asthma relievers
- Sickle cell pain and fever
- Flu immunization rate for staff
- Emergency codes outside of PICU
Safety is our first value for a reason. The safety of our patients always has to come before anything else.learn more
At Dayton Children’s we put a lot of effort into making sure you have a great patient experience. Learn more about what our families have to say about the care they receive.learn more