Children admitted to Dayton Children’s and their families receive the finest medical treatment, emotional support and loving care available anywhere. But children have other special needs. Your gift of toys, books, games, and activities help brighten a child’s stay. These gift items are used for birthday presents, end-of-treatment gifts and to stock our play and waiting areas.
If you looking for other things to do for our patients, please download our Patient Gift Ideas list.
*Due to infection control and allergies we cannot accept used stuffed animals. We also are not able to accept donations of food or candy for patients because of various dietary restrictions and food labeling requirements.
2015 Wish List
Top Ten Items Needed
- Gift Cards: Walmart, Best Buy, Target
- Family Gift Cards: Area restaurants, gas cards, phone cards, parking passes for parking garage
- Monetary Donations to the child life fund: Let us do the shopping. Funds are used to provide activities, toys and gifts for patients. Monetary donations enable the child life department to purchase items as they are needed, resulting in reduced storage needs and preferred items can be purchased. Click here to make an online gift and specify child life department.
- Coloring books and crayons
- Small Lego sets
- Snap together car models (no glue or paint needed)
- Nail polish/Lip gloss
- Uno cards, Playing cards, Old Maid, Go Fish
- High quality rattles
- Matchbox or Hot Wheels cars
These Items did not make our top ten but they are still needed and appreciated:
- My Little Pony
- Littlest Pet Shop
- Gel pens, mechanical pencils, journals, notebooks
- Fun pads, Mad Lib activity pads
- Gift set-size shower gel/lotion
- Fisher Price Little People and Animals
- Fisher Price Telephone
- Pop-Up Surprise Box
- Culturally diverse dolls
- New board books for infants & toddlers
- Books for teenagers
- Transformers/Action figures
- Over-the-door Nerf basketball hoops
- Arts/crafts sets
- 24 pack Crayola crayons
- Word search, crossword puzzle, and Sudoku books
- High quality Magna Doodles
- Portable DVD player
- Radio Flyer or Berlin Flyer wooden wagons
- Step 2 Push Around Buggy
Other donations needed
Dropping off your items
Items for child life, Children's Home Care or the Family Resource Center may be dropped off at the main information desk. Please notify the attendants which department items are designated for. You will be asked to complete a short information form for acknowledgment purposes.
If you have any questions, please contact the development office at 937-641-3405.
- Make your donation go farther!