Children admitted to Dayton Children’s and their families receive the finest medical treatment, emotional support and loving care available anywhere. But children have other special needs. Your gift of toys, books, games, and activities help brighten a child’s stay. These gift items are used for birthday presents, end-of-treatment gifts and to stock our play and waiting areas.
*Due to infection control policy we cannot accept used stuffed animals or toys. Due to food allergies and food labeling requirements we are not able to accept donations of food or candy for patients.
2016 Wish List
Top ten items needed
- Infant/Toddler musical, light up or vibrating toys
- Gift cards-Amazon, Wal Mart, Meijer’s, Target, I tunes, area restaurants
- Small/medium lego sets
- Matchbox cars
- Infant Teethers, Rattles
- Play-doh & play-doh sets
- My Little Pony
- Littlest Pet shop
- Word search books
- Playing cards, Uno, Go Fish, Skip-Bo
Items needed by age:
Infant and toddler
- Plastic, musical, light up or vibrating toys
- Rattles, teethers, plastic crib links
- Board books
- See N Say
- Crayola crayons, markers and coloring books
- Little Tikes and Fisher Price toys ( people, animals, school bus, airplane, cars, play phone)
- Matchbox cars/trucks
- My Little Pony/Littlest Pet Shop
- Play-doh and play-doh kits
- Culturally diverse baby dolls & Barbie dolls
- New, small stuffed animals (Must be New)
- Action figures, transformers
- Small/medium lego sets
- Toy dinosaurs, insects, animals
- Cards- Uno, playing cards, Go Fish, Old Maid, Skip-Bo
- Over the door Basketball hoops
- Art/craft kits
- Fingernail polish, lip smackers chapstick
- Word search, mad lib, crossword puzzle books
- Adult coloring books,sketch pads, colored pencils
- Gift cards- Amazon, Target, Wal Mart
- Model kits-snap together car plane
- Fleece blankets (rolled)
Items to make
•Activity bags- Paper or ziplock bags filled with fun activities: stickers, coloring sheets, word search puzzles, crayons or colored pencils, glue sticks, craft kits with instructions, decks of cards. No food or candy.
•Toiletry kits (for older teens and parents)- Ziplock bags with toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, comb)
•Fleece blankets or quilts- twin bed size
Let us do the shopping for you
Make an online donation to Child Life. Funds are used to provide activities, toys and gifts for patients. Monetary donations enable the child life department to purchase items as they are needed, resulting in reduced storage needs and preferred items can be purchased. Click here to make an online gift and specify child life department.
Dropping off items
Items for child life can be dropped off at the information desk at Dayton Children’s main campus Monday- Friday between 9:00 am-6:00 pm. You will be asked to complete a short donation form for acknowledgment purposes. If you are bringing a large donation (100 items or more) please call 937-641-3303 in advance to make an appointment for your drop off.
If you have any questions, please contact the development office at 937-641-3405.
- Make your donation go farther!