Dayton Children’s provides an opportunity for teens to experience the satisfaction of volunteering and sharing their time with others during the summer months. Our volunteer program is designed to help teens learn valuable skills that will service them for a lifetime.
Applications for the summer of 2013 are now closed. Teens interested in volunteering for Summer 2014 should apply between February 3-7, 2014. The application will be available to download February 1, 2014.
- Teens must be 15 years old by June of the year they are volunteering.
- Applications are accepted the first week of February only.
- Applications are prioritized based on the date they are received.
- Interviews will be conducted during a student’s high school spring break.
- Information regarding specific areas for volunteering will be provided prior to the interview.
- Teens accepted into the volunteen program must be able to attend the scheduled orientation sessions.
- Teens may begin as soon as school is out.
- Teens must volunteer four (4) hours a week for nine (9) weeks during the summer.
- Teens may continue to volunteer during the school year once the summer commitment is fulfilled.
- Orientation and health work requirements are the same as for adult volunteers.
Return applications to:
Dayton Children’s Medical Center
One Children’s Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404-1815
or fax to 937-641-3804