Dr. Ramey has found the following articles from outside sources to be interesting and helpful for parents.
- Having a sister can be good for emotional health
- Study Shows Later Start Time for High School Can Improve Students' Mood and Motivation
- Teens and Screens: How to manage their technological worlds (PowerPoint presentation)
- Mood Diary
- How do you know if your child is overweight?
- Better understand cyberbullying
- The teen brain
- Sleep deprivation linked to depression in teens
- The fight against childhood obesity
- Impact of childhood obesity goes beyond health
- Five mistakes parents make with their teens
- Got a child who wanders to your bedroom at night? Here's how to reclaim your bed.
- Kids quit the team for more family time
- Study: More U.S. girls starting puberty early
The DAISY award is awarded quarterly and recognizes extraordinary nurses. Nominate your favorite nurse today!
We're here to help!
Visit the "Dr. Mom Squad" blog at blog.childrensdayton.org to hear from four local women who know what it is like to be both a doctor AND a mom! Come back each week to learn important information on kids health and safety from women who understand the medical and the mom side of you child's health!