5th annual DQ® Miracle Treat Day to benefit hospital
08-05-2009 (Dayton, OH) -
On Thursday, August 5, Dairy Queen® will host the 5th annual “Miracle Treat Day,” when $1 or more from every Blizzard® sold on that day will be donated to Children’s Miracle Network, a non-profit organization dedicated to saving and improving the lives of children by raising funds for children’s hospitals.
“Miracle Treat day is a way for our entire community to support Dayton Children’s. All the money raised stays right here in the Miami Valley”, says Drew Hilgeford, owner of the Airway Rd. location.
“As the parents of three small children, we realize the valuable resource we have and are extremely grateful for the full range of services that Dayton Children’s provides.”
Last year on Miracle Treat Day, Dairy Queen raised more than $4.6 million for 170 Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. Locally, over $22,000 was raised by Dairy Queen locations throughout the Miami Valley. A cause partner since 1984, Dairy Queen has raised more than $85 million nationally and is one of the top five contributors to Children’s Miracle Network.
"This is a momentous year for the Dairy Queen system as we celebrate the 25th birthday of our signature Blizzard Treat and the 70th anniversary of the Dairy Queen brand,” said Michael Keller, chief brand officer for International Dairy Queen, Inc. “Although the Blizzard is the featured treat of Miracle Treat Day, it's the children and Miracle Families who have overcome incredible odds that inspire us every day. Together, we can make a positive impact on their lives."
Although the new Oreo® Brownie Earthquake® Blizzard Treat is the Blizzard of the Month for August, the original Oreo will be featured as the Miracle Treat Day “Blizzard of the Day.” The Oreo Blizzard Treat still reigns as the most popular flavor since the first one was served upside down with a spoon in 1985. All currently featured flavors will be available on Miracle Treat Day.
Miami Valley locations participating in Miracle Treat Day include:
- 1105 Brown St., Dayton
- 1042 Shroyer Road, Dayton
- 2613 South Smithville Road, Dayton
- 4812 Airway Road, Dayton
- 668 Springboro Pike, Dayton
- 3011 Woodman Drive, Kettering
- 4148 Dayton-Xenia Pike, Beavercreek
- 721 North Bechtle, Springfield
- 215 East Home Road, Springfield
- 2745 East Main Street, Springfield
- 837 North 10th Street, Richmond, IN
- 1018 South 9th Street, Richmond, IN
- 1700 West National, Richmond, IN
- 513 West Main Street, Tipp City
- 1047 North Main Street, Urbana
- 29 North Main Street, Englewood
- 610 Arlington Road, Brookville
- 490 South Washington Street, New Bremen
- 547 East Sandusky Avenue, Bellefontaine
- 994 East Market Street, Celina
- 2194 Fair Road, Sidney
- 1288 East Ash Street, Piqua
- 6353 Brandt Pike, Huber Heights
- 1240 Celina Road, St. Mary's
For more information about Miracle Treat Day or Dairy Queen, visit www.miracletreatday.com or www.dq.com.
For more information, contact:
Marketing Communications Department
We believe there are 18 ways we're just right for our region's kids! Learn more and share your story at justrightforkids.org.